Window Security Film in Houston, TX
Safety & Anti-Graffiti
Security threats to your building come in all forms, ranging from natural disasters to emergency situations, theft, and vandalism. All of these situations can put your tenants in danger. A comprehensive security film plan offering multiple layers of protection is the best way to provide the highest level of protection possible.
Benefits of Security Window Film
One layer of protection is strengthening your building’s windows with a security window film. This particular film significantly delays any strong force attempting to break the glass. Our maintenance-free and inventive scratch-resistant window films help better the structural durability of any window. As a result, Windows are then transformed from your weakest link to a source of strength, helping to protect your business, home, family, and tenants from threats such as break-ins and impact events.
To assist you in better understanding what window security film can do to improve the safety of your space—whether residential or commercial—here are a few facts to give you a glimpse:
- Crime Deterrent: Windows are typically your weakest link of security. With our security films, you can disrupt the quick access that smash-and-grab thieves look for.
- In the event of a windstorm, these films may have significant safety and security value. They may reduce the risk of injury from flying shards of broken glass, and possibly help prevent debris and water penetration through the window depending on the severity of the storm.
- In an earthquake, these films may reduce the risk of serious injury from shards of broken glass, and possibly prevent glass from falling out of a home or building; depending on the severity of the quake.
- Sliding glass doors and running children often collide with disastrous results. With a clear 4-mil Safety film, the shattered glass is held in place and children are kept safe from harm.
- You can save money when you replace only the window film that was vandalized instead of the expensive glass beneath the film. The anti-graffiti film is effective when used on mirrors, glass doors, and windows.
Having said all these, a good example of establishments that may benefit greatly with security films are the following:
- Retail locations
- Commercial Offices
- Schools and Universities
- Government Buildings
- Health Care Facilities
Generally, the utilization of security window films is recommended for commercial buildings in areas prone to violent storms, hurricanes, earthquakes, and break-ins.
Window Security Film for Home Protection
To add, security films meet numerous certifications and test standards around the world, including:
- ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR 1201 Cat I and II
- General Services Administration (GSA) and United Facilities Criteria (UFC)
- ASTM Large Missile Level C and Small Missile requirements
- Underwriters Laboratory UL972 Forced Entry requirements
- Factory Mutual FM Approvals 4350 Small Missile
- EN356, level P2A
If you’re one who’s had to Google-search: security window tinting, window film for homes, or even security window film installation, your quest ends here. We at Sundown Window Tinting specialize on a variety of services that help safeguard and fashion any given space!
Sundown Window Tinting has been serving Houston and the surrounding communities since 1982. We provide exceptional window tinting products and services satisfying our customers’ needs cost-effectively and professionally.