Security Film in Houston, TX
Safety & Anti-Graffiti
Security threats to your building come in all forms, ranging from natural disasters to emergency situations, theft, and vandalism. All of these situations can put your tenants in danger. A comprehensive security plan offering multiple layers of protection is the best way to provide the highest level of protection possible.
One layer of protection is strengthening your building’s windows with security window film which causes any force breaking the glass to be significantly delayed and inhibited ultimately helping to stop or reduce a security or environmental threat.
Our maintenance-free and highly scratch-resistant window films improve the structural integrity of any window. Windows are then transformed from your weakest link to a source of strength, helping to protect your business, home, family and tenants from threats such as break-ins and impact events.
How security film can improve the safety of your home or business
- Crime deterrent: windows are typically your weakest link of security. With our security films you can impede the quick access that smash-and-grab thieves are looking for
- In the event of a windstorm, these films may have significant safety and security value. They can reduce the risk of injury from flying shards of broken glass, and possibly help prevent debris and water penetration through the window depending on the severity of the storm (and the type of glass, framing system, size and velocity of objects, and more)
- In an earthquake, these films can reduce the risk of serious injury from shards of broken glass, and possibly prevent glass from falling out of a home or building. Again, this will depend upon the severity of the quake (and the type of glass, framing system, and more, too).
- Protect children: Sliding glass doors and running children often collide with disastrous results. With a clear 4-mil Safety film the shattered glass is held in place and children are safe from harm.
- Bullets: These films are not designed to stop bullets.
- Graffiti management: Save money when you replace only the window film that was vandalized instead of the expensive glass beneath the film. Anti-graffiti film is effective when used on mirrors, glass doors and windows.
Recommended Applications for Security Window Films
Security window film is recommended for commercial buildings in areas prone to violent storms, hurricanes, earthquakes and break-ins. In addition, the following building types are good candidates for security film based upon the number of people and the value of assets contained inside:
- Retail locations vulnerable to “smash-and-grab” theft or vandalism
- Commercial Offices
- Schools and Universities
- Government Buildings
- Health Care Facilities
Security films meet numerous certifications and test standards around the world, including:
- ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR 1201 Cat I and II
- General Services Administration (GSA) and United Facilities Criteria (UFC)
- ASTM Large Missile Level C and Small Missile requirements
- Underwriters Laboratory UL972 Forced Entry requirements
- Factory Mutual FM Approvals 4350 Small Missile
EN356, level P2A